My sister has recently had an experience on her blog that has prompted me to post. Someone didn't like the fact that her blogging name was "The White Clan" because of the racist implications. Her last name happens to be White and all she blogs about is her family- nothing racist in the slightest. This person, who doesn't even know my sister, passed judgement because of her opinions. This brings me to my point...
I wish people would work on their own perfection. I have come in contact with so many people in life that swear that they are perfect already. OBVIOUSLY they must still be here because the rest of us need so much help. Otherwise, they would have been translated a long time ago. WAKE UP!!!! We all have imperfections. We all are being tested. There is something for everyone to work on. Just be kind and not judgemental. All people have flaws. Some are just more obvious than others. We need to remember that. If we would look inward instead of outward our lives would be better. We would become better people and WE would be closer to OUR goals.
Let us look to the greatest example that has been set for us. He did not judge. He did not turn people away. He only gave of himself and set the ultimate precedence of how we should act.
Our opinions are important. They do matter. BUT we need to be sure when we are sharing them that it is in a sphere where they are acceptable. Not everyone has our belief system, not even within the Church. Our lives should be the guidepost for others, not our words. If we truly LIVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ we can be comforted in knowing that we will touch peoples lives for good. This way we can be concerned with the perfection of ourselves and hope that our example can be enough to inspire others to look within.
Just remember, if the time comes that you think you are living your life to perfection already, you definitely need to look a little deeper. Pride is one of the hardest trials that we receive in this life. It is a constant battle! It is one of those things that only we can fix ourselves. I know, I fight it every day!
(Someone please tell me why I can't get paragraph breaks sometimes!!!!)








6 comments:
Okay, now since this post is not about me I hesitate leaving a comment, but I will do it anyway. I love you Sarah, and I also love how your new bff thinks the world revolves around her.
I know that I am so far from perfect, even though I tend to tell you otherwise. You know I am funny! I just only like whites!! Okay and adams' too.
Thanks for the post, because if I didn't read something uplifting I was gonna go get on anti-depressants for my overwhelming grief!
It is amazing to me that someone could read that post and SOMEHOW come to the conclusion that it was all about them! If the shoe fits...
Anyway, the reason for this post was nothing more than a way to vent about a few people that I have come in contact with. I have a friend whom I would like to share the Gospel with and she has a hard time with how judgemental a lot of LDS member are. I just get frustrated that a lot of people like to go on and on about how they do this and that, but totally forget about the part where we are to love and respect others that do not share our belief system. How in the world are we supposed to bring others into this church when we make them feel so left out?!
THAT'S what this post was about. I really don't want to deal with this whole "White Clan" thing anymore. It was an ignorant comment that should have remained with the person that left it.
DONE!
WORD!!!!
Obviously, our friend has realized her comments were not getting her the results she wanted. She has removed her comment.
I love that you are so sassy! We are the sassy sisters! AND don't forget that we are snappy swift, you catch my drift....
Post a Comment