It's back-to-school time. Life gets so crazy this time of year. It is so hectic trying to gather school supplies, get your schedule back in order and mentally prep your kids (and yourself) for the new school year. This year, we have the added chaos of returning to school ourselves!!!
We got a phone call the other night from our home teacher. He wanted to know if he could come home teaching and help Lain give the kids their back-to-school priesthood blessings. I had almost forgotten!!! I am so grateful for his diligence in remembering. We really like the kids to have those. I think it's important for them to see that the blessings of the priesthood extend beyond being sick or injured.
They came on Thursday, looking all sorts of snazzy in their shirts and ties. The boys were excited. We visited for a while, then called each boy in for Lain to give him a father's blessing. It was so special. Each one of them received a personal message from their Heavenly Father to bless them throughout the year. What would we do without it? I can't even fathom it!
When the boys were finished, they turned and asked Lain and me if we would like blessings to help us, too. Hmmmm... now there was a thought. We were going back to school. Why not? I sat and listened while Lain received his blessing. It was so comforting. I knew we were doing what our Heavenly Father wanted us to do right now. I know we can make it through these stressful times. Of course, I also know it will not be easy. When it was my turn, I was nervous. I am a private person and really didn't want these people hearing what my Heavenly Father had to say to me. I always cry. I really hate that about myself. But, I knew I had some nerves that needed calming. Lain gave me a very special blessing and I was instantly comforted. Am I still nervous? Yes. BUT, my insides aren't turning inside-out anymore! Baby steps. There were things addressed in the blessing that I hadn't even discussed with Lain yet. I knew this was a message to me from my Father.
Do we even recognize the great opportunities provided to us through the priesthood? I have been thinking a lot about it lately. This is the same priesthood that blessed the lives of so many people in the Bible. We are fortunate enough to have it in our homes! That is amazing! As a member of Christ's church, even if the priesthood is not available to us in our homes, we know someone who can bless our lives through it's power. And those blessings are without number or limits. I have seen miracles in my life and in the lives of many people. Things deemed impossible by the world have been made possible by the power of God.
The boys started school without drama. Lain and I have been trucking right along with our stuff. Would it be possible without receiving blessings? Maybe. But, I know that the peace I have right now could only come through the power of the priesthood and my Heavenly Father's enduring love.








4 comments:
Dude I have to tell you that I love you! I am so proud that you and your husband are so good at getting and giving blessings, and that you are worthy to do them, and recieve them.
Thanks for the testimony, and for helping to remind us about the preisthood power.
The priesthood is amazing. I wish all the time that I wasn't so stubborn and afraid to ask for the help that it can provide. We've never really been a family that has said, hey, help me out. I always knew that it was in our home, and it was nice, but to use it....It's a blessing that truly comforts.
What a great post! Dave did one for Trevor on Sunday since he started kindergarten and I think it was more for me than him! I really helped me to understand that he is being watched out for and I don't need to worry about him so much. Hope all goes well with you back in school! You'll have to see who gets the best grades in the family!
Where did these girls come from???Are they really mine and who is responsible for them turning out so great? I love you with all my heart.
Mom
Post a Comment