17.8.08

Yummy, Chewy Goodness!



I have been given a plethora of zucchini by all of my wonderful neighbors. I think my kids were getting tired of it as a side dish. I decided to make my Great Aunt Mayme's zucchini bread recipe with what I had left. I loved this stuff growing up and my kids loved it, too! So for all of you with extra zucchini this time of year, here's the recipe:


3 eggs
1 cup oil

2 cups sugar

2 Tbsp vanilla

2 cups peeled and grated zucchini, put in blender

3 cups flour

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda (3 tsp w/double)

1 Tbsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp baking powder (2 tsp w/ double)

3/4 cups nuts (optional)


Beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add oil, sugar, zucchini, and vanilla. Mix well. Add dry ingredients. pour into greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until done. Remove and cool.




It's best if you only fill your loaf pans about half full. I overfilled mine this time and the bread fell in the middle. I use the smaller, disposable pans because I love the way the quick breads bake up in them. PLUS I usually give away at least one loaf. A double batch will bake up 5 loaves this way. It is so yummy!

3 comments:

The White Clan said...

I can't wait till mine is delivered so I can make a batch!!!!

The Ruesch Fam said...

Looks so yummy! I really need to make some too. If I don't my family will think I don't love them.

McLeod Clan said...

Man Sarah, you're just a normal little Martha Stewart lately. Folks, you should hear all the delicious recipes she's been throwin together lately. I even was blessed with Campbell calling me 9 times the other night and in one of those calls he told me about her delicious pasta!