Valentine's Day was kind of crazy at our house. We have all been sick for a couple of weeks now, so the usual cookie decorating and valentine making didn't happen. We were able to get a couple of little things done, however, and I actually remembered to take pictures!
I volunteered for Campbell's kindergarten class Valentine's party this year. I was in charge of the craft. It's harder than I thought to find something easy enough for little 5-year-old fingers yet hard enough to take up the time that the kids were in my rotation. I found this little flower on MarthaStewart.com and added the pipe cleaner stem to hold the flower up. It was really fun and the kids loved making them! The sad thing was that Campbell couldn't even be there. He had strep AGAIN! (Our whole family is on antibiotics because of this, BUT that's another story.) I saved some for us to do at home. Didn't they turn out cute?

I'm assistant room mom in Adam's class and helped with the snack in there. My friend and I did a healthy snack because the kids were already decorating sugar cookies in another rotation. She made some yummy dips and apples. She also cut cheese with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. I made breadsticks shaped like "X"s and "O"s. We're supposed to bring store-bought stuff, but it's really hard to find healthy store-bought things. We cheated. I did buy the canned breadsticks, though. I think that should count. Adam said the kids liked it all. I couldn't stay because I had to take Preston to the pediatrician. (He had pinkeye.)

The kids had a lot of fun eating candy and reading their valentines. Hopefully next year we will be healthy enough to do some more fun stuff at home!









2 comments:
The breadsticks turned out fantastic! I love them! What a good mom you are.
I hope all my kiddos are feeling better. And most of all I hope you are feeling better so you could take care of EVERYTHING!
I love the sucker. Pipercleaner, very crafty! I need to do a new post too but I guarantee mine won't be as exciting. :) sorry my kids are sick. Except Adam! We all know he's got an imune system like his grandpa right.
Post a Comment