HP readers Beware!!! If you have not read the last book, STOP!!!!! That having been said....
I've been trying to think of a great way to post this. But, I don't think I can put how awesome this is into words...
I have this wonderful friend who has gone through some wretched things lately. Last summer she was having headaches. Medication wasn't helping, so she dealt with the headaches for a few months before the doctors finally decided to send her for an MRI. She had the test and discovered she had a blood clot. They put her on blood thinners and sent her on her merry way hoping the clot would go away. It didn't.
Her headaches got worse. She was hospitalized for a while (she has 4 kids and a husband with MS). They finally figured out she had one more clot PLUS they discovered an aneurism. They told her the aneurism was small and probably wouldn't cause her any trouble. She would also have to be on blood thinners for the rest of her life because it was a genetic trait that was causing her blood to clot. WHOOPEE!
As time went on the clots began to shrink and her headaches got better. She was really starting to feel "normal" again. Then, her neurologist hit her with the bomb. He had been looking at the aneurism and realized if it ruptured, she would be dead because of the blood thinners. So, basically, she either had to have brain surgery or die when the aneurism ruptured. How fun. We had a ward fast for her so she and her husband could make the right decision. I was praying CONSTANTLY for her. I mean, this is one of the most wonderful people I have ever met, she HAS to live! This fast was a little over a month ago.
Well, last week she went to see the surgeon about the surgery. She had a new scan a few days before the appointment and was going to tell him she had decided to go through with it. He then informed her that he could not find the aneurism ANYWHERE!!! It was gone! AMAZING!! That is the greatest thing I have heard in forever (even better than when I found out that Harry Potter wasn't really dead in the last book)!
I just need to say that this work is true. We DO have a Heavenly Father who loves us and is mindful of our needs. Prayer and fasting works. We can make it through these times and trials, we just have to remember where to put our trust. We can't make it all by ourselves! I totally needed to witness this miracle, it has given me strength and the faith I need to keep on truckin'!








9 comments:
I am so very happy for her. I can't believe it. Prayers are answered and miracles do happen.
A real and true miracle. I have a story like that about lil' Casey when I was pregnant with him. I was getting nervous in the middle of the post because so many horrible things happen to really good people, and how pleased I was to hear the good result!
I love that!
Also you might need to preface your post with a Harry Potter spoiler ...some people might wait till you're asleep and your eyes are closed and punch you right in the face.
right SQUARE in the face, if I might add.
True dat! I guess I thought everyone was like me and read it all within two days of the book coming out! MY BAD!
pshh, I bide my time, I don't follow trends, I make 'em.
OH, I read it the weekend it came out. I waited at the Walmart at midnight to get it.
Alli is just old timey.
by old timey I assume you mean - AWESOME
Sorry to pry for more details...do you know what condition she had to make her prone to clots? I have some family members with something similar and I was wondering if it was the same condition? If we should watch for serious complications like this?
Post a Comment