21.7.08

Crazy Summer!

It's been awhile since I last posted. I really don't even know how long this post is going to be! We have been so busy!



Adam was invited, last minute, to play All Stars. We were excited for him, but sad because baseball was STILL not over. We let him play because he loves the sport so much. Centerville has an "A" team and a "B" team. Originally, Adam was put on the "A" team, but after a bunch of parents complained about the "B" team not being very good, they moved a couple of kids to Adam's team and moved Adam to the "B" team. Adam didn't care, he just wanted to play baseball. Well, after this all happened, the coaches of Adams team were so mad that they quit ( I guess they were a couple of really special guys) and a whole bunch of kids quit, too. Adam's old coach called and said basically that the boys who stayed on weren't going to be able to play unless they found more kids and a couple of coaches. They told Lain if he didn't coach, these poor kids were not going to be able to play. So Lain ended up coaching All Stars. JOY! We finally got out team together the day before the tournament started. Needless to say, that was not an easy task and our team, bless their little hearts, was struggling. We ended up playing two games and losing both. It was double elimination. The great thing was, though, that these kids got to be All Stars! It was amazing to see their morale improve just from having a coach that believed in them and told them how great they were (instead of pouting on the bench in the dugout the whole time). If we would have had any time to practice at all, they could have been such a good little team. It's just so sad that adults have to get involved in kids' sports and take all of the fun right out of them! What are we teaching our kids?!









Aside from baseball, we have done a few things. We went to Eliza's house on the 5th for a barbecue. It was so fun! The kids got along so well, and played really hard! As did the husbands! Unfortunately, my husband played a little TOO hard. He ended up tearing a ligament in his foot playing soccer barefoot in the backyard! What a fun experience! I won't go into all of the details, though!


And, finally, we've been trying to figure out school stuff. Lain & I have decided to go back to school. We're going to go 1/2 time right now at the community college. I'm almost done with my associates, so I don't want to lose all of those credits. It won't take me long. I'd like to finish my Bachelor's once Abbie is old enough to be in preschool. I realize I should have done this years ago, but we all know I was a little too focused on boys and not enough on school!!! Oh, to go back in time and kick yourself in the butt!!! I needed a serious butt kickin' back then.


So, that's that! I will try to be better, but who knows?! I still have a lot to get done this summer before school starts for me and for my kids! Blogging sometimes has to wait!


6 comments:

The White Clan said...

Get your priorities straght, blogging first.

hey incase you didn't hear we got the cabin for the 9th. Whoopee!!! Showers, beds, and cable. Oh and a real kitchen too. YAY!!!!

McLeod Clan said...

Sarah-

I love the blog post and as you can see you're one step ahead of me with even this post!

McLeod Clan said...

I do believe those are the sunglasses that Aunt Meghan bought her! Yeah for me!!

The Praters said...

Helloooooo Cousin Sarah! I'm so happy you found me. I will tell the fam you said hi. I can't believe you have time to blog. I only have one kido and it takes me months to do a post. You rock!
Emily

Anonymous said...

HEY SARAH THIS IS YOUR OTHER COUSIN JORDAN I SAW YOU ON KACEY'S BLOG AND DECIDED TO SAY HI. YOUR KIDS ARE VERY CUTE! YOU CAN CHECK OUT MY BLOG IF YOU WANT I USUALLY UPDATE MORE THAN EMILY AND SHELBY.

Sarah said...

I love how we can keep up with family on here!!!

This is so awesome!