
It's been a long time. I really have no excuse. My biggest problem lies with Twitter and Facebook. I am an addict. I really love how easy it is to put up a quick status and walk away. It's also been a lot of fun to catch up with people from my past. So, what's been going on around here? Not too much, but I'll try to fill in the month and a half long gap...
Lain still has no job. He's been searching and searching, but we can't live on the meager salaries he's been offered. People are really paying a lot less than what used to be the norm. It's starting to get stressful and we're looking in other areas now. I don't want to leave, but we'll cross that bridge when and IF we have to. We just have to keep all of our options open. He is starting to advertise for bike repairs again. Hopefully we'll get a few repairs and tune-ups here and there to help supplement the unemployment money coming in. We're staying as optimistic as possible- having faith that Heavenly Father is watching out for us. I know that in time this will all be something we look back on as a lesson learned.
I have been trying to lose weight again. My baby weight from Abbie just wasn't coming off the old way. (That way being eat like a pig and exercise every once in a while.) So, I've joined Weight Watchers and the weight has slowly been coming off. I really feel better now that I've been eating healthier. I'm happy that my kids are still young enough that they might be better eaters when they are my age because of the changes I have been making for our family. I miss baking TREMENDOUSLY, however. I do it as a stress reliever. So, now I have more stress. :) Not really, I just read a bit more now! Plus I've been running again (or at least run-walking). It's so nice to get out at night and get some good exercise. I really enjoy the weather here in the evenings.
The kids are doing really well. The boys have a little over a month left of school. This year has just flown by!! I think we'll have a fun summer. We've started back into baseball season for Adam. He really loves it! I'm glad we were able to get him involved in that again. It's good to keep these boys busy. Abbie is growing like CRAZY! She is so tall. She's off the charts for her height. The doctor called her "ginormous." Needless to say, she is not a petite child. I love it! She can hang with her brothers so well! She is rough and tumble and loves to play outside with them. It's fun to watch her grow, but leaves me sad, too. She's my baby and she's growing up faster than any of the boys did. Why does it have to happen that way?
Lain still has no job. He's been searching and searching, but we can't live on the meager salaries he's been offered. People are really paying a lot less than what used to be the norm. It's starting to get stressful and we're looking in other areas now. I don't want to leave, but we'll cross that bridge when and IF we have to. We just have to keep all of our options open. He is starting to advertise for bike repairs again. Hopefully we'll get a few repairs and tune-ups here and there to help supplement the unemployment money coming in. We're staying as optimistic as possible- having faith that Heavenly Father is watching out for us. I know that in time this will all be something we look back on as a lesson learned.
I have been trying to lose weight again. My baby weight from Abbie just wasn't coming off the old way. (That way being eat like a pig and exercise every once in a while.) So, I've joined Weight Watchers and the weight has slowly been coming off. I really feel better now that I've been eating healthier. I'm happy that my kids are still young enough that they might be better eaters when they are my age because of the changes I have been making for our family. I miss baking TREMENDOUSLY, however. I do it as a stress reliever. So, now I have more stress. :) Not really, I just read a bit more now! Plus I've been running again (or at least run-walking). It's so nice to get out at night and get some good exercise. I really enjoy the weather here in the evenings.
The kids are doing really well. The boys have a little over a month left of school. This year has just flown by!! I think we'll have a fun summer. We've started back into baseball season for Adam. He really loves it! I'm glad we were able to get him involved in that again. It's good to keep these boys busy. Abbie is growing like CRAZY! She is so tall. She's off the charts for her height. The doctor called her "ginormous." Needless to say, she is not a petite child. I love it! She can hang with her brothers so well! She is rough and tumble and loves to play outside with them. It's fun to watch her grow, but leaves me sad, too. She's my baby and she's growing up faster than any of the boys did. Why does it have to happen that way?
All in all, the Dukes are doing well. We are grateful for the many blessings we receive on a daily basis. We have healthy kids, a great neighborhood, a happy marriage, and more weeds to pull than anyone we know! The Lord's hand is in our lives and we feel His presence in our home. We know that if we keep on truckin' we will be blessed even more! I plan on posting more often now since Lain won't need the computer for school over the summer. If you want to catch up with us more often, though, just take a peek at our facebook pages!!!!








1 comment:
I am impressed!! Loved the post!
Post a Comment