8.5.09

What The???????


La dee dah... I was going to run my bath water today and looked down to see this waiting for me!!! I have never seen such a creature in my life. I think it must be some sort of spider-centipede hybrid- SICK!

Then it occurred to me, I haven't seen a lot of the things I am experiencing here in the good ol' Beehive State. Spring is here, and with that comes the beauty of tulips, lush lawns, beautiful mountains, birds singing and gracing my yard with their presence, streams running full, and the most enjoyable evening temperatures I have ever felt. BUT this all comes with a price.... CRITTERS!

The spiders are out in full force right now; the cobwebs in my house prove that. Ants are building up their little villages in my gardens. Mosquitoes are chomping at my skin already. My front windshield looks like someones art project with smashed bugs- from in-town driving! Almost every night I can smell the fragrant aroma of skunk booty. Nice. And now this not-so-little friend tries to join me in the bathtub.

The point?? Well, I guess everything has its price. I wanted to have a yard that made me feel like I was in the great outdoors. I've got it AND all of its inhabitants. BUT as soon as they come into my house, I stop being nice. This poor fella met the bottom of a flip-flop and took a final spin down the commode. To some the end is not pretty. Sorry guy, I had to take a bath!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The White Clan said...

YUK!!! I have never ever seen that creture either, and he was an ugly one too!

McLeod Clan said...

Yup, that thing would have seen the end of his life in my house too. So nasty! Just aint right that creatures like that exist.

The Piet Girls said...

Sarah, if you ever feel brave you could package those critters up and mail them to us. My son Alex has a bug collection and we're about sick of finding cockroaches. Utah bugs would really add to his collection. Dead ones of course.

Sarah said...

You got it, Gina! We've got some serious critters goin' on! Come on up, if ya want. He can have free reign of my creepy-crawly-infested yard!! PLUS, it would be fun to visit with you!

Kimberly Davis said...

I'm with you...I love living in the outdoors, I just don't like it when the outdoors moves in with me!!!!